[SATLUG] OT - Nothing wrong with a little self-promotion

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:01:51 CST 2008

I will say this....if you're serious about Linux and you can approach an
employer from the angle that you have dabbled in it a little and want to
learn and grow within the field, you will make it far.  Working at Rackspace
for a short stint before moving into professional consulting services, I can
say that the Rack is an excellent company with the best culture and
atmosphere a geek can ask for.  I've even sent a few of my friends to work
there over the years and will probably be sending a few more here soon.  I
would highly recommend the Rack as a place to start and grow into your
career.  Just remember that modesty is a virtue and you will soon be rubbing
shoulders with giants (like Tweeks).  I think that if you can live with that
mentality, you will make it very far in the Linux world.

Best of luck to you.