[SATLUG] OFF TOPIC: "Say No to Photo-ID" for Cred Card purchases...

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 20:57:34 CST 2008

My .02c:

I tried adding "CHECK ID" to the front AND the back of my cards, and the
only place that stopped me and actually asked was a Wendy's and Fry's.  The
Post office, in all their govermental superority even failed to comprehend
that my name wasn't "CHECK ID" and didn't balk at it.

The sad thing is that I don't even get carded when I go to Spec's anymore.
(think Don's and Ben's done Houston style).  I don't look that old?

The signature terminals are a joke.  Biggest offender appears to be
Wal-mart.  I think on one of mine, I drew a  house and sun before the agent
stopped me and told me to hit "Submit" already.  He didn't clear the buffer
but instead pushed the transaction through.  I thought it was hilarious
because there it was in all of it's 8 bit graphic glory was my picture at
the bottom of the Wal-mart receipt.