[SATLUG] OFF TOPIC: "Say No to Photo-ID" for Cred Card purchases...

tsuehpsyde tsuehpsyde at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:07:48 CST 2008

I actually like it when asked for my ID, since anyone can forge a signature
fairly easily (or at least knock something off that's somewhat similar to
what's on the card). I've worked in retail and I've seen people use stolen
credit cards, as well as checks. Anything that isn't cash should be
accompanied by ID, imo. That said, they should only glance at it to verify
that it's indeed you and not write down or note any personal info on there
unless you're out of state or something.

However, in all reality, the only safe way to keep tabs on your CC is to
watch the transactions on it closely. =) I check all of my accounts, even
ones I don't use, daily or weekly for anything out of the ordinary.

-Jim