[SATLUG] <sniffle> Time to retire my old faithful IBM tickety-tickety keyboard

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Jul 3 14:57:34 CDT 2008

Thomas Cameron wrote:
> Well, I have finally reached the point where only of my four desktop
> machines has a PS/2 port.  I have been muddling along without a KVM
> switch and using only ssh and remote X, but now I need to stand up an
> Exchange 2007 server to test something for a customer, and I really need
> an actual keyboard and mouse to do the installation.
>
> I've had this keyboard since about 1995, and it was old then.  I *love*
> the positive touch and the tickety-tickety sound this thing makes.
>
> So I guess it's time to go to Fry's and find a good USB keyboard.
> $DEITY, what a pain in the butt.  All the new keyboards seem to be
> loaded down with all sorts of extra Windows keys, and I hate 'em.  I
> guess I'll just have to adapt, but I'm getting old enough that I don't
> like doing that.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations for a USB KVM?  I have four machines on
> my desk and dual monitors.  I don't imagine that I can find a KVM for
> dual monitors, but what about a KVM for USB machines?  Is there such a
> beast?

Yep, I near cried when my old clicky finally broke few yrs ago tried and
tossed 3 other KBs and found auction on ebay for 4 of them brand new so
i bought them for like $6ea I still have two spares since I only use 2
KBs. I not sharing either neener neener. Get one of those adapters and
live happily ever after....
herb