[SATLUG] Posting on the SATLUG Wiki

Robert Pearson e2eiod at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:29:09 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Frank Huddleston <fhuddles at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>  I'm interested in knowing what SATLUG members have set up in their personal
> LANs/Configurations, and why and how, and it seems to be that this would
> make a good category for the SATLUG Wiki. I would start such a category by
> adding it with a description of my own setup, but can't log in to do so. The
> email/password combination used to join this list
> doesn't seem to work, so how does one post to the Wiki?
> I saw no "maintainer" email on the Wiki, so I'm assuming this is the place
> to enquire about this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank Huddleston

The best way is to select the "Create an account or log in" in the
upper right of the Main wiki page.
If you move your cursor over that phrase it will pop up a notice that
you may create new or edit pages without an account.
I thought that "anonymous" user feature had been removed.

The SATLUG mailing list username/password is a separate application.
You will need to enter a username and password for the wiki
application. What username and password is up to you
and the level of Security you are comfortable with.
Wikis are not very secure since they are designed to be a
"Collaborative Content Community (CCC)" which means that anyone can,
and will, add to, delete, edit and modify at will anything posted. The
only Security is that maybe the "CCC" is a friendly group.

My suggestion is to give your great idea a shot on the wiki and see
how it goes. After you create an account.
The "Help" pages on the main and elsewhere are very good.

Robert