[SATLUG] Re: Posting on the SATLUG Wiki

Robert Pearson e2eiod at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 08:38:10 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 2:04 AM, Frank Huddleston <fhuddles at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There is a tooltip that pops up in the upper right corner of the Wiki page,
> when I hover over the "create and account or log in" link. It says "You are
> encouraged to log in, it is not mandatory however. [control-o]"
> Entering control-o or just clicking on the link does the same thing:
> displays the "Create an Account or Log In" special page:
> http://www.satlug.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Special:Userlogin.
> I enter the email address with which I am subscribed to SATLUG:
> fhuddles at yahoo.com, as the username, and my SATLUG password (I think it's
> correct: my "welcome to the SATLUG mailing list" email shows it as my
> password) press the "Login" button, and get the message:
> There is no user by the name "Fhuddles at yahoo.com". Check your spelling, or
> use the form below to create a new user account.
> Note the shift to uppercase in the first letter of my email address: I don't
> know if that matters or not. Also, there is no form displayed to create a
> new account.
> I've tried just using "fhuddles" and "Frank Huddleston" but it doesn't
> accept either of those. I can use the same password to log on to my SATLUG
> mailing list settings.
> So - am I doing something wrong? Is there some username I have that I don't
> know about?
> By the way: I suggest a link to the Wiki be put in the sidebar of the SATLUG
> home page. As it is now, it's only in the page text.
>
> Regards,
>
> Frank Huddleston

I understand the problem now.
After Bruce's message I tried my email username and password with the
same results as you.
The username and password work fine in mailman.
Since I created my wiki account a long time ago I use that. It works fine.

What happens when a new username and password is entered in the
"Special Page" boxes?
I get this message:
There is no user by the name "Myusername". Check your spelling, or use
the form below to create a new user account.

I do not see any "form below" to use? How do I get logged in as a new user?

The excellent "Help" pages no longer seem to work. They are blank even
if logged in.

Robert