[SATLUG] Meeting questions

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 11 19:28:04 CDT 2008

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 18:14:32 -0500, "Benjamin Temple" <temple_benjamin at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have two questions about last night’s meeting. First of all, may I have a
>copy of the presentation on Scala if at all humanly possible? Second of all,
>what was the name of that “open source movie” that was playing after the
>presentation, and how can I get it? Thanks in advance!

I can help you with the second question.

"Big Buck Bunny" is the recent release of the Peach Open Movie Project and the Blender
Foundation. You can find out about it at: www.BigBuckBunny.org and www.blender.org -- or
catch SATLUG at the next computer show and sale (www.pcshows.com) August 9th in Live Oak.

The first Open Movie was also an animated short, "Elephant's Dream"
(www.elephantsdream.org). The Blender site has info on this and other projects using their
open source 3D drawing and rendering tools.  --Don