[SATLUG] Re: SATLUG Digest, Vol 54, Issue 13

John Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 02:29:16 CDT 2008

On Friday 11 July 2008 15:57:23 Marc Ripley wrote:
> John, must be WoWc.  ETQW (quake wars) was a breeze to install.  You
> still play QW?
>
> Marc
>
> > Message: 3
> > Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:36:27 -0500
> > From: John D Choate <jdchoate at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [SATLUG] World of Warcraft on Linux
> > To: The San Antonio Linux User's Group Mailing , must be List
> >        <satlug at satlug.org>
> >
> > On Thursday 10 July 2008 20:05:02 Benjamin Temple wrote:
> > Later on tonight or tomorrow I will double-check my WoW installation
> > disks to check about the setup.exe file. Either my WoW or Quakewars disk
> > had to be mounted in an unusual manner in order to get to the installer.

Yeah, it was WoW that needed the mount with the unhide parameter. QW was an
easy install though I didn't get into playing it.

I don't have QW installed anymore. I might try it once more, but I didn't
really like it. I preferred Quake and Quake 2 to Q3Arena; Q4 was alright. And
I preferred RTCW to Enemy Territory. QW was too much like ET and not enough
like classic quake for my taste. I prefer the big map adventure shooters to
the small map arena types.
The same goes for the Unreal games. I liked the original Unreal better than
any of the UT games. Likewise for Half Life and Half Life 2 vs.
counterstrike.

Thief and Thief 2 both work well with wine (delete the movies files first)...
I'm really looking forward to 'The Dark Mod'
http://www.thedarkmod.com/