[SATLUG] Using U3 Flash Drives on Linux

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sun Jul 13 01:30:52 CDT 2008

Anyone every have any pro/cons to report w/using U3 enabled flash drives on
Linux?  I recently plugged a couple in and was a bit upset to see read-only
hidden ISO partitions mounted with a bunch of windows cruft on there.. so
much so that wiped the drives and repartitioned/formatted, etc.

Has anyone actually had any useful reports or points of interest with regards
to these U3 drives?  Should non-windows folks stay away from them?  I'm
seeing some nice thumb drive hardware come out.. ex:

but don't know if I should stay away from U3 based devices or not.

Any comments welcome.