[SATLUG] Using U3 Flash Drives on Linux

Travis Runty trunty at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 09:01:01 CDT 2008

I believe there should be multiple partitions with at least 1 showing up as
RO, in winders this is supposed to show up as a virtual cd drive.  Also, I
think the cd drive partitions is supposed to auto launch a "launchpad" which
I am fairly confident is only geared towards M$FT.  While I do not have one,
if I did I would probably just format it to my specifications just as you
did.

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Tweeks <tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org> wrote:

> Hey..
>
> Anyone every have any pro/cons to report w/using U3 enabled flash drives on
> Linux?  I recently plugged a couple in and was a bit upset to see read-only
> hidden ISO partitions mounted with a bunch of windows cruft on there.. so
> much so that wiped the drives and repartitioned/formatted, etc.
>
> Has anyone actually had any useful reports or points of interest with
> regards
> to these U3 drives?  Should non-windows folks stay away from them?  I'm
> seeing some nice thumb drive hardware come out.. ex:
>

> http://www.ioffer.com/i/Sandisk-Cruzer-Micro-U3-USB-Pen-Drive-4GB-4-GB-4G-black-23425522
>
> but don't know if I should stay away from U3 based devices or not.
>
> Any comments welcome.
>
> Tweeks

Travis Runty
210.391.3949