[SATLUG] In case you haven't seen this:

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 07:52:03 CDT 2008

John Kirby wrote:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8888563&st=ubuntu&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1211587312374

>  Yes, you can now purchase Ubuntu at Best Buy for the low, low price of
>  $19.99.
>
>  For those of us who get called by friends and relatives when their
computer
>  doesn't work, our life potentially got a whole lot more interesting.
Or, as
>  my wife pointed out, "if you can't download it, you're not going to be
able
>  to install it".
>
>  On the other hand, I kind of think it's good for Canonical to put the
>  product out there and build name recognition.

I acquired my first Ubuntu disk from Amazon for $5.  I didn't have image
burning capability at the time.  However, there are sources readily
available, linked to the DistroWatch site, where a disk can be had for
$0.99, or the cost of shipping it.  Why should Best Buy's offer seem
special?

Cheers;
Ed