[SATLUG] Re: SATLUG Digest, Vol 54, Issue 19

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Jul 17 15:23:40 CDT 2008

ed wrote:
> What I'd like to know though, is: Why the giant step backward from
> v7.10, where Broadcom wifi "just works?"
> Any suggestions on that one?  I'm not one to enjoy re-inventing the
> wheel every time there's an update or upgrade...
>
> Cheers;
> Ed
> =================
I can't answer Ed but I did the auto-upgrade from 7.10 to 8.04 and have
not had a single problem so far but I have a wired router the one box
150' away in diff bldg on Cat-5 has no trouble either. I have no useful
data on it so sometime soon I am gonna make a fresh install of 8.04 from
the CD that I paid .99+a buck USPS  and it has the entire manual on the
CD, less trees involved. I love the auto update feature, I just marvel
at how neat Linux works. LOL, no stopping looking blankly at a wall and
wondering what do I do now?

I have been installing programs, reading what is available in the huge
library systems over 20K packages. I am doing a rethink of my old filing
system that should help me keep better track of all those projects that
still wanna be.
herb