[SATLUG] Firefox 3.0.1 issue

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Sat Jul 19 01:10:50 CDT 2008

Justin Burdette wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem...Firefox will crash randomly and not load
> again until I reboot. When I click the icon (or try to run it in any way
> from CLI), KDE System Guard shows 2 Firefox processes, but it does
> absolutely nothing.
>
> I've tried clearing my cache, disabling my extensions, and nothing has
> worked so far. The only way to get it to come up is to reboot the machine.
> (Restarting X doesn't work either...)
>
> Anyone else having this problem, or have any ideas?
>
> Justin

I can't offer help but just a comment.  I had exactly that problem but
very seldom and I noticed it was always on a BBC url when it would lock
up and nothing I knew of would get it to work again until I rebooted.
But that was when running Ubuntu 7.10 and Firefox last released version
2.x.x. Upgrading to 8.04 and firefox 3.0 cured the problem or at least I
have not encountered it and I do use the BBC site.
herb