[SATLUG] Insignia Pilot

mike wn5pmr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 13:49:16 CDT 2008

John D Choate wrote:
> On Friday 18 July 2008 23:38:52 mike wrote:
>
>> Slight update. Don't know if thats where it is supposed to be but found
>> my music in the audio books area. Listening to it as I type. Have not
>> progressed to trying vids yet but that will wait for another day.
>>
>> Mike
>>

> I had to convert my vids to .avi and I think they required a specific frame rate and compression scheme. I had to use a windows program with Wine to get the right format. Forgot the name of it, I'll check later when I'm at my desktop machine.
>
> John

Thanks for the initial reply which more than likely nudged  me towards
the right answer. Like you said as long as it works. Enjoyable little
box.  Have been running around Spokane this morning listening to music.
And don't worry about the vid conversion stuff. More than likely, as I
have the older 2 gig version which has the smaller screen, I won't even
bother with vids. Simply use it for audio. Music & podcasts and I might
even try some audio books. Have a good weekend John.

Mike