[SATLUG] Lapptop Screen - [OT] That's one of the reasons I hate Apple

John Ziriax ziriax at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 20:57:18 CDT 2008

Brad,

All great reasons for an open platform with an open OS. It is either
that or pay for their hardware, their software and their maintenance.
Open is definitely cheaper if you are willing to learn about your
stiff. But if your not, the cradle to grave system is the other
extreme, but it works for many.

My kids both have Mac laptops, their choice, and they've both been
treated rather well by the Apple service types. Even with an iPod that
got dropped into water. That got replaced when my daughter mentioned
that she had purchased the case at the Apple store. So, I can't
complain. But all the systems I use are open and run Linux. I don't
really expect any hardware support. I remember having the Digital
Equipment Corp. service rep come into the lab to repair the computers.
They did what every it took to fix it. But you paid for the service.

Different strokes.

John

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 5:05 PM, pixelnate at gmail.com