[SATLUG] Lapptop Screen - [OT] That's one of the reasons I hate Apple

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Jul 19 23:56:36 CDT 2008

On 7/19/08, pixelnate at gmail.com wrote:

>  And that is why I won't drop the kind of $$$ they are asking for one of
>  their laptops. They are the most expensive machines to have fixed, and
>  Apple cuts you no slack at all. I bet you had the bend-me-over-a-barrel
>  AppleCare warranty too. You cannot just buy the parts and install them
>  yourself either.

You can buy replacement parts from third parties, and if you're
willing to violate the warranty (or your machine is already out of
warranty), then the situation isn't any different from any other
manufacturer and better than some.

However, I didn't want to void the warranty, and I didn't want to buy
a new laptop.  And in that respect, it wasn't any different than most
any other manufacturer when the laptop in question is under warranty,
and you don't want to lose that.

Apple is no better and no worse than any other major manufacturer
when it comes to these sorts of things.

>  It just pisses me off every time I hear about somebody getting screwed
>  by Jobs and Co. They are worse now than MS ever was.

Spoken like a true Microsoft zealot.

Please, feel free to give your money to Bill & Co, or whomever else
you want.  But don't waste our time with your bile spewing.