[SATLUG] New to list and [OT] That's one of the reasons I hate Apple

Charles Mims chmims at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 12:45:53 CDT 2008

More information may be needed to get you connected.. Such as what version
of Ubuntu are you using, do you have a built in network connection, is it a
LAN
or Wifi, etc.

Assuming your Mac was connected to the cable/dsl modem you may only need
to unplug the cable from the Mac and plug it into your Vaio if you have a
LAN
connection built in.  If you want to be connected to the internet at the
same time
on the Mac  and Vaio you will need to get a network hub or switch.

Again, without know the exact hardware on the Vaio no one can tell you
exactly
what is needed.  I will say the as you can tell from this discussion a
wireless
connection can be problematic with Linux.

Charles.