[SATLUG] New to list and [OT] That's one of the reasons I hate Apple

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 18:43:50 CDT 2008

>From the original post:

So, I either need some sort of converter that will allow me to hook up the
cable to the laptop--ideally with some way to have both computers hooked up
at the same time. Or I need to set this laptop to go wireless which means I
need a wireless card, etc.

It sounds like all you need is a PCMCIA ethernet adapter or a Linksys
router and a PCMCIA wireless card.  Does this laptop have any USB
ports?  If so then you can get a USB to Ethernet adapter or a USB to
wireless adapter pretty cheap.  In order to get both machines online
simultaneously however, a wireless router of some sort is required.
Whether or not you want to go wireless is up to you.

For the wireless router, I recommend the WRT54G made by Linksys and
for the wireless USB, I recommend Linksys WUSB54G.  I believe this
device works in Linux, but satlug list, feel free to correct me if I'm
wrong.  If you'd prefer a wired connection, just about any generic
USB-Ethernet adapter will work.

FIRESTORM_v1