[SATLUG] Lapptop Screen

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Sun Jul 20 20:21:59 CDT 2008

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:02:45 -0700 (PDT)
Mario Compean <mariocompeanc at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My grand daughter's laptop now has a
> cracked screen courtesy of her younger sibling. I'm wondering if
> anyone on the list knows of a reasonable (cost-wise)  replacement
> solution.

This may be a long shot, but I have a rider on my rental insurance that
covers my computers specifically up to $6,000. It doesn't apply to any
specific system and it covers any damage or malfunction not covered by
a warranty. Also, there is no deductible for repairs, unlike the rest
of the policy. Perhaps you or her parents could look to see they have
similar coverage.

Cheers,
Daniel