[SATLUG] Sony Vaio & Internet (Nancy)

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Mon Jul 21 11:54:10 CDT 2008

Nancy would you share the model number of your Vaio, it would be most
helpful since there are numerous versions with different configurations.

A Sony Vaio spec's page I looked at lists a ethernet connection (CAT5)
but the image didn't show it.  It also shows built-in wifi (wireless) with
and on/off switch, but don't know if it applies to your laptop...Knowing
your Vaio model will narrow it down to what you have.

All routers (that I know of) work with Linux, some better than others,
and more bells and whistles.

The Linksys WRT54G is an old favorite, and would satisfy your needs
by providing both a wired and wireless capability.

Lou