[SATLUG] Sony Vaio & Internet (Nancy)

John Kirby johnrkirby at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 12:19:43 CDT 2008

Nancy,

I have a Vaio VGN-FZ220U, and my wife has a Vaio VGN-FE770G. Both of us have
Ubunto 8.04, and our home router is a Linksys WRT54GS. We have had no
problems at all. Even WPA2 security works flawlessly, unlike other laptops
on which I've loaded Ubuntu.

I'm fairly certain you have an ethernet input on your laptop, just look
around for it. But if you're going to spend money on a USB hookup, in my
opinion, you'd be far better served to spend just a few dollars more and get
the freedom of wireless. It really is money well spent, and- in my
experience- you'll have no problem connecting.

Just my $0.02 worth.

John  *ss4GSuthn*