[SATLUG] Re: New to list

Nancy Hopkins celestialbz at Mac.com
Mon Jul 21 23:55:00 CDT 2008

Thank you, thank you! I am overwhelmed with all the help you guys have been
offering! Believe me, I appreciate it.

Todd W. Bucy: I actually talked to the unhelpful guy at the neighborhood
computer store about a wireless router and was able to price them. Not
tempted to purchase one from that store, but there is a Walmart nice and
close.

The more I think of it, the more I think I would prefer to go wireless with
this laptop. I think that would ultimately be easier and provide more
flexible use of the laptop.

Hmmm. Would I need to have a network card in my desktop to do this? Or is
there some way I could get away without the network card? Perhaps my desktop
has network capabilities already? Surely it does.

LOL, learning can be fun! Shoot the person who sent me this computer is the
same one who convinced me that I could learn HTML to create a website. I
have been having fun with that once I got over the initial "I have no idea
what this is about" stage. She also told me that Linux users were very
helpful and I would be fine with this computer. She was right about that,
too, :-).

Lou: The model number for my Vaio is PCG 993L. Again, excellent information,
thanks.

Bruce Dubbs: Thank you for your voice and help.

John Kirby: Thank you also for your $0.02 worth. Believe me each of you have
helped me!

I am getting ready for a short trip, so will have to postpone my search for
a router or wireless box thingy. I think I have enough information to sound
at least mildly intelligent when I go to the store now thanks to you all.

--
Nancy Hopkins
San Antonio, TX

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies,
I think the soul of America dies with it. -- Edward R. Murrow