[SATLUG] Re: Reiser vs other file systems

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Tue Jul 22 15:37:52 CDT 2008

I can think of no reason that would cause the drive to exhibit  ' dma errors '  only when using ' xfs ' files, and not do the same (dma errors) with  ' reiser .'   Never heard of a drive being selective as to the arrangement of ' ones and zeros.'

As Don pointed out, I'd look closely at hardware interconnections.

An earlier quick check of Open Suse forums did not show any problems using xfs.

I personally believe a hard reboot is in order.

Lou