[SATLUG] memory errors?

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Fri Jul 25 13:09:50 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 12:58 -0500, Dale Crummie wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Todd W. Bucy <toddwbucy at grandecom.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I have an interesting problem.  I have a matched pair of OCZ SLI 2 gig
> > ddr2 ram sticks (total 4 gigs).  When I have both sticks installed and
> > run a memtest I get all sorts of errors.  However when I run memtest
> > with just one stick installed (2 gigs) i get no errors.  I have even
> > tried to install the sticks in all 4 of my slots both singlly and
> > together.  Again both sticks test just fine when they are installed by
> > themselves they only give errors when installed together.
> >
> > Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?
> > thanks for any help
> > Todd
> >
> > When I upgraded my system I used G.Skill DDR800 matched pair, and for a few
> days I nearly pulled my hair out with problems.  What I discovered was that
> some BIOS don't detect the correct voltages and timing.  All I had to do was
> manually set both and its been working great ever since (But thats on an
> ABIT mobo)
> --
> Dale Crummie
> US Army (Vet)
> SOCOM CTU

another interesting development...I had 2 extra samsung 1 gig ddr2 800
sticks which I installed with one of the ocz 2 gig sticks and ran a
memtest with no errors. I have still to swap out the other ocz stick but
if it comes up good with the other two 1 gig sticks then I will begin
messing with the bios settings as you suggest.

Todd