[SATLUG] Re: Memory Errors (voltage)

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Jul 25 15:58:45 CDT 2008

scs at worldlinkisp.com wrote:

> Set the memory voltae to whatever the manufacturer (OCZ I believe)
> recommends.

Correct.

> I personally keep my memory voltage low (not a gamer or throughput fiend)

You don't want to under-voltage the memory.  That is guaranteed to cause
burnout and other problems down the road.

If you keep your voltage set at the value recommended by the manufacturer,
then you should be fine.

> Overclocking requires higher cpu and memory settings, but increases power
> dissipation.

You don't want to over-voltage the memory, either.  You want the correct
setting, otherwise you risk burnout and other problems.