[SATLUG] init.d

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sun Jul 27 00:14:26 CDT 2008

On Friday 25 July 2008 11:17:52 pm travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org wrote:
> So I put something in init.d on debian, basically a copy of privoxy
> but modified to go through tor.  However, it never gets started on
> boot, whereas privoxy does.
>
> Anyone got a clue why?

Check their owner & perms.. root root 755

Then.. standard sysV stuff.. have the proper file symlinks set up
from /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/.  Hard core debian folks use sysctl or set up manual
symlinks.. but if you like the easy breezy chkconfig style (fedora/redhat
scripted control).. then install & use sysvinit.  If you don't have it
installed, then do that first:
	# aptitude install sysvinit

Then use it to set up your sysV config links for run level 2...

Tweeks