[SATLUG] Re: mobile devices with linux

KC kcoriginal at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 16:05:41 CDT 2008

OMG, Samuel, I been apologizing all night... I'm sorry... hi-JACKED the thread...

Does anyone see a clear future leader of Linux mobile phone processor platform? I see Motorola being a top vendor and Verizon running a scorched-Earth campaign to encourage open source mainly for the purposes of weakening their enemies but much to our consumer-short-term-delight...

but what's the processor gonna be?

Intel Atom? Motorola? Freescale? Broadcom? TI? who?

Anyone have any comforting insights on a direction they think is established and gonna be a good platform to adopt?

I've gotta proprietary enV2 right now, but thats just a phone to me... I want something that will run a full Lin-Flux-type operating system just like our PCs, laptops, and these Asus Eee(s).

Been teased since Windows CE years ago... now that I am fully onboard the Linux wagon, I am still waiting for a solid platform to evolve in the pocket-sized computing arena?

thoughts?

kc