[SATLUG] Re: mobile devices with linux

KC kcoriginal at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 16:49:41 CDT 2008

--- On Tue, 7/29/08, pixelnate at gmail.com <pixelnate at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: pixelnate at gmail.com <pixelnate at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Re: mobile devices with linux
> Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 3:50 PM
> On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 15:42 -0500, Samuel Leon wrote:
> > I don't know what happened to this thread but here
> is mobile linux:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openmoko
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_netbooks
> >
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Mobile_Internet_Device
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X
> >
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_based_devices
> > http://www.linuxdevices.com/
> >
> > For me my next mobile linux device will be an msi wind
> >
> http://www.msimobile.com/DetailPage.aspx?model=Wind_NB_Linux
> >

> Will anybody really be satisfied with the lack of
> capability that these
> netbooks represent when compared to the sub-$500 laptops
> that are now in
> the market? They all seem to me to be too little, too late.

Yes, I love the Eee line and whatever that MSI offering is... but I can't put them in my pocket... so yes, I'm a consumer looking for a pocket pc (damn the trademarks). I'm looking to buy one as soon as I find one that runs Linux and is fully configurable, customizable, hackable, and, integrates as a cell phone/pocket computer.