[SATLUG] Re: mobile devices with linux

KC kcoriginal at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 17:48:16 CDT 2008

What I refer to in this sort of direction is the way the old hardware was better at the graphics type tasks. I don't think the Intel direction should have won when it won. It wasn't superior for graphics and multimedia, just more prolific and lower priced. One more swing at Apple is, if they gave in and decided to use mainstream hardware from Intel, why didnt they drop their price to mainstrem.. or at least a little above mainstream? Instead they stay at WAY above mainstream.

So I know longer get a clear performance advantage and I still get a grossly negative pricing advantage. Where is the advantage to using an Apple for computing?

If I want stable, I go with RHEL for less, or CentOS for free. Or numerous other stable Linux distros. I don't need FrankenLinux from Mac, which, does run GREAT, but is over priced for no performance advantage.