[SATLUG] OT: New Pictures

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 18:41:52 CDT 2008

Believe me I understand where you're coming from.  I have very eclectic
music taste...pretty much everything except for kuntry (excluding willie,
kenny, etc.)  The stuff they make today is absolute garbage and I think lose
brain cells just from "2nd hand" hearing.  I think this little phenomenon
(listening to music genres that don't seem to 'fit' us in a stereotypical
sense) is quite reflective of a generation where the lines blurred
considerably among race and class, and as a result we became more enriched
as a whole.  From someone who does in fact listen to a very broad and deep
collection of music from various ethnicities, countries, social classes,
different languages, etc., it is interesting to see how similar they are on
so many levels, yet so different on so many others.  It is even more
interesting to see the reaction from people who are in my car when my iPod
is set to shuffle songs.  It can go from involved to interested, indifferent
and downright irritated in a few minutes.  Naturally, it pleases me to see
this as the point of music is to evoke an emotional response from the
listener (whatever emotion that may be.)

Good times!

Ernest