[SATLUG] Verizon feeding ads on URL errors

Zeb Fletcher zeb.fletcher at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 16:34:23 CDT 2008

Because you typed a domain that doesn't exist the browser thinks your trying
to search for this term instead of going to a website and uses the default
search engine, in your case websearch.verizon.com to search the web.

Do a search on iceweasel (Firefox) Default search setting to read more. Also
to change the setting you can type about:config in the address bar to change
setting, such as your default search site.

Thanks

Zeb