[Fwd: Re: [SATLUG] Verizon feeding ads on URL errors]

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:36:01 CDT 2008

herb cee wrote:
> I sent this reply at 4:41 and a reply to chris 'Broken CPU pin thread,
> at 4:53. Neither has appeared on the SATLUG list .... can someone tell
> me why? the copy made it to my sent folder using Thunderbird ....
>
> Thanks herb

I got a copy.  My headers show:

2 Jun 2008 16:51:31 -0700 (PDT)

Mon, 02 Jun 2008 16:51:30 -0700 (PDT)

Mon, 02 Jun 2008 16:51:30 -0700 (PDT)

Mon,  2 Jun 2008 18:51:13 -0500 (CDT)

Mon,  2 Jun 2008 16:53:21 -0500 (CDT)

Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:53:20 -0500

Somebody's (windstream.net?) time seems to be off by 90 seconds or so (satlug is
synced to ntp and checks out pretty close).

But in any case, SATLUG's mailman sent me the message.  There are 593 members on
the list and delivery may take a little time, especially if the destination mail
server has mailman defer for some reason.

Also, I checked the messages waiting for moderation.  There were a lot, mostly
spam.  However, there were some messages that seemed legitimate, but had errors:

1.  No subject
2.  Sent from an account not signed up
3.  Suspicious headers (for instance bcc is not allowed).
4.  Implicit destination (all destinations need to be explicit).

Sometimes I reject these, but most of the time I just delete them.  In all these
cases, you should get a message saying that the message was put into moderation.
  If so, the best thing is for you to take the link provided and delete the
message and then send again after fixing any reported errors.

If a message you send doesn't show up, check
http://www.satlug.org/pipermail/satlug/ to see if it is there.

If you get nothing within 4 hours, send me a private message.

   -- Bruce