[SATLUG] broken cpu pin fell off

Chris Lemire good_bye300 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 22:04:31 CDT 2008

--- "Todd W. Bucy" <toddwbucy at grandecom.net> wrote:

> wow..you just lived through my worst fear anytime
> that I mess around
> with my mobo and cpu.  IMHO I fear that you may have
> to either
> suck-it-up and replace the cpu or bite the bullet
> and upgrade.
>
> Todd

Yep, If only I knew the dangers of the cpu pins before
finding out the hard way, I may have managed to get
the heatsync off without pulling the cpu off with it
and damaging a cpu pin. These am2 cpu/mobo combo deals
are looking very tempting. One thing I have to
sacrifice is the 2 gb ram. The price of my socket 939
has just went up high and the price of the am2
cpu/socket combos being a 2.8 ghz x2 compared to my
old X2 socket 939 2.0 ghz cpu. With my grandparents
help, and 1 ghz ddr2 memory from my grandfather, that
should last me a while until I can upgrade it. Would
it be wrong for me to sell that memory to my gf for a
discount of $50, maybe so, so I can find other buyers
possibly and give her another stick of 256 ram free to
double her memory. 2gb would be way overkill for her.
She's running the latest Ubuntu and usually has
uptimes of 2~3 weeks, cool huh?