[SATLUG] GRUB problem

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Jun 3 18:36:53 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 14:12 -0400, Daniel Villarreal wrote:
> So the drives moved around/changed.
> Hard drive one would be hd0, right?
> Should that be (hd0,0) instead of (hd1,0) ?

that all depends on how you set up the partitions on your hard drive.
For example, I ussually make my first partition the swap, my second
partition is root, and my third is /home.  In this instance my swap is
hd0,0, root is hd0,1 and /home is hd0,2.  My grub as a result looks for
the /boot under hd0,1.

Todd