[SATLUG] Download Caps

Daniel Villarreal dvprogs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:34:03 CDT 2008

Fine and well, but how does one get this giant company to "back their play"
?
I remember a team meeting one time, when they had some bigwigs in... one
lady from a different dept. starting asking questions and one of the bigwigs
started getting nervous and asked her to talk to him
in private... you could see a few ppl smiling at that.

People would call in and want to talk to a supervisor, and basically, the
customer was dealt with. There's a difference between listening to a
customer and trying to give the illusion of trying to listen to said
customer. People aren't stupid ^M^M^M, I mean the users aren't stupid.
^M^M^M Al is going to laugh when he sees this.^M^M^M.

I really tried to help the business customers, they pay the big bucks, and
we had this procedure.

Dealing with companies AT&T and Broadwing from a corporate account for
another communications company was way different... in the NOC we'd have a
fibre cut and I had access to network engineers right on the spot... we'd
get an ISP rep assigned to us and hourly reports, that was nice (the
service, not the cut!).

So you're in S.F. and I'm in Ontario. No, not Ontario, CA, Ontario, CA, the
other one.

Damm, been too long, need tacos...

Later,
Daniel

From: "Ernest De Leon" <edeleonjr at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [SATLUG] ...OT-Download Cap
I see this is the cable companies making their bed and being forced to lie
in it.  What it comes down to is this: they over sold and under delivered
because at the time, they could get away with it.  Now that people are
actually using what they technically paid for, the cable companies are in a
pinch and trying to find a way out.  I could care less what it costs them to
buy upstream bandwidth, they promoted these broadband packages that they
KNEW they couldn't back.  Tough shit.  Now you either back your play or go
out of business.