[SATLUG] Re: Download Caps

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:54:48 CDT 2008

There are two ways...either enough people vote with their wallet and go over
to AT&T (which I am not even sure is much better) or they band together and
file a class action lawsuit based on damages as a result of deceptive trade
practices.

Here is an informational piece on the Texas DTPA:
http://library.findlaw.com/2000/Mar/1/130722.html

I would say that this falls under ** ANY FALSE, MISLEADING OR DECEPTIVE ACT
-

*Even then, I think several of those sub-points would be considered valid.
IANAL, so I cannot really dole out legal advice, but I would think that TWC
(and many other providers) are in violation of this.  I think the fact of
the matter here is that people do not know the behind-the-scenes details of
upstream bandwidth costs, nor would they understand them if they did know
about them.  If you polled the average user, they would probably think that
they have purchased unlimited bandwidth to use as they please.  If in fact
the average user believes this, then TWC has obviously misled them
(intentionally or not), and there should be some sort of recourse.

Ernest

--
Ernest de Leon
http://www.smbtechadvice.com