[SATLUG] Download Caps and TinyMe2008 from PCLOS in VM environment

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Jun 5 16:57:58 CDT 2008

Daniel Villarreal wrote:
> Having worked with company when they were beginning this, I have to wonder
> what good it would do to call. I think that calling is going to get you in
> the standard queue... then you're going to talk to someone who can't do much
> of anything for you, seriously. The funny thing is, while I was a customer,
> I had a nice tv set-top box with _all_ the channels, courtesy of the
> company, and no tv. I just used the internet... while I was a customer.
>
> Anyway, I don't have to deal with mysterious caps... it says on the bill
> what my cap is, and I have plenty. I don't think you're going to see that
> kind of straightforwardness from your ISP.
>
> Now if I could just virtualize PalmOS 5. hmm.
>
> have fun,
> Daniel
>
> P.S. Anyone try the TinyMe2008 distro? It's real nice. I use a VM of it... I
> don't have a lot of computer stuff, so I try to make do with a quad core.
> I'd like to run 3 linux distros (Ubuntu 8.04, Slackware12, and TinyMe). I'm
> wanting to learn about SELinux for a while, but now I have to because it's
> not letting Fedora pick up an IP address.

Wow, I am in same boat Daniel and I at other end of the Linux community
with nearly no knowledge of how to set up anything that does not work
with point&click. I can't get VM to work but I haven't time at the
moment to learn what to do. So I have to wait till I can spend a day or
three.

Most of the time I dunno even what to ask. I really thank you for your
very clear explanations and you show patience and understanding often
along with many on this list. I hope the recent ego outages become
points of understanding instead cause i think this community is worth
hanging in there for. For all-us and I think we do pretty good as a
whole. Works for me.
herb