[SATLUG] OpenDNS

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu Jun 5 17:44:09 CDT 2008

> Charles Hogan wrote:
> > Did you restart your network?
>
> No, that wasn't in the instructions. I shut my computers down every
> night, so maybe it'll work when I boot up tomorrow.
>
> > Did you make sure to disable getting DNS server info automatically?
>
> If that was in the detailed instructions, yes, otherwise, no.

You don't need to reboot. You can change the file called /etc/resolve.conf
and replace the name server pulled during DHCP with the OpenDNS name servers.
See my earlier message on the same topic for the nameserver addresses for
OpenDNS. As soon as you edit the file it will start using the OpenDNS
servers.

-borries