[SATLUG] broken cpu pin fell off

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 19:44:50 CDT 2008

If you do decide to "move" your installation to the new hardware (as
opposed to a fresh install) and you have installed custom IDE drivers,
there is a registry edit that you MUST do in order to make the Windows
installation use a generic IDE driver as opposed to the motherboard
specific one you may have installed. (Trust me, this saved my butt
several times)

Take my advise, from someone that didn't do his research before I did
the hardware swap.  Read this, copy the reg entry from the MS site
below and copy it to a keydrive.  Run on the OS to move BEFORE doing
the swap, then shut down. :P

Linky goodness:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314082  - You
receive a Stop 0x0000007B error after you move the Windows XP system
disk to another computer.  Contains the registry file to update.

Oh god, i'm soo going to hell for posting a microsoft support link in
a Linux mailing list, aren't I?

FIRESTORM_v1