[SATLUG] Acer to focus on linux hardware

phn1x phnx.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 21:34:49 CDT 2008

The Multimedia keys on my acer 5570 worked just fine with ubuntu, now that
I've switched up to fedora they don't work. There were a few things I
noticed that fedora had better support for on this system though.

I just wish centrino technology would start playing better with linux. Some
of the worst problems I've had thus far is centrino wireless support between
linux and freebsd.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 9:13 PM, pixelnate at gmail.com <pixelnate at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't know if anybody saw this linked from OSNews, but I thought I
> would share.
>
> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2218172/acer-pushes-linux-hard
>
> Makes me glad I bought an Acer 5920. I just wish somebody would figure
> out how to get the multimedia keys working.
>

> ~Nate

Phn1x - Emh
http://hamsterswheel.com