[SATLUG] OT-Time Warner Download Cap

Charles Hogan cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com
Thu Jun 5 23:16:19 CDT 2008

David Kowis wrote:

> Here's one for thought. What if your computer is compromised, which many
> id10t users are, and it's eating up the bandwdith? it's easy to prove
> when someone's stealing power or water, but bandwidth isn't.

Lusers getting their internet bills jacked through the roof because they
are too stupid to keep their systems updated, or just don't care.  That
would put a smile on my face.  Maybe that's just the sort of catalyst
that's needed to get people to clean up their systems and quit being
spam zombies.

It's not that I'm evil, I just see way too many dynamic Comcast/Road
Runner/Verizon/veloxzone.br/Shaw.... addresses in my mail logs trying to
send SPAM to non-existent email addresses on my servers.

Makes you wonder, how much of the bandwidth thing is being used up by
p2p vs. how much is being used up by spam zombies.