[SATLUG] Acer to focus on linux hardware

pixelnate at gmail.com pixelnate at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 23:51:12 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 23:43 -0500, ed wrote:
> I'm not sure of multi-media keys though.
> Can someone please enlighten me?

On my lappy, I have 4 keys on the right side of the keyboard that are
set up to function in Windows as Play, Stop, FF, Rew keys in some
standard multimedia app. Those keys aren't seen as keyboard keys but are
instead intended to function as a third touchpad. Nobody who owns this
laptop or the variants has come up with a solution for using those keys
with multimedia apps like Rhythmbox. Currently the Play and Stop buttons
function as Scroll Up and Scroll Down respectively. FF and Rew don't do
anything. I hope that suns it up for ya.

~Nate