[SATLUG] Download Caps

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 6 06:32:04 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 17:34 -0400, Daniel Villarreal wrote:
[...]
>  People aren't stupid ^M^M^M, I mean the users aren't stupid.
> ^M^M^M Al is going to laugh when he sees this.^M^M^M.

No, I'm not laughing, but I did find a better set of users, and decision
makers who've allowed linux and vmware onto the approved software list.

At home, however, I am using Time Warner for my ISP, and if they do cap
my downloads, I'll find another provider.

On the sudo thread - it was around 1994 when I was using sudo with a
group of junior sysadmins on SunOS 4.1.3_U1 to limit the damage they
could do to setting up user accounts and changing non-privileged
accounts' passwords.  It was a great tool for when you don't really want
to give someone full root access.  When Linux kernel 1.0 finally came
out, I was using sudo on a Mac running NetBSD to train my then preteen
son on setting up printers and modems.

Al Castanoli