sudo (Was Re: [SATLUG] OpenDNS)

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Sat Jun 7 14:38:05 CDT 2008

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 14:23:01 -0500
Geoff <geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu> wrote:
> One would think that nits are an endangered species, what with as many
> that have been picked to death in this thread.
>
> Why can't y'all just agree that it's simply a matter of
> 'semantics' (you say toe-May-toe, I say toe-Mah-toe, but they're the
> same thing) and move on from there?

Because I sometimes have a hard time overruling my ego and the tendency
to feel threatening if I'm not 100% right. I'm a little slow to realize
that sometimes and end up contributing to these sorts of exchanges. I
do it with my wife as well, but I'm working on accepting that I can be
wrong and it doesn't make me any less of a person. And I'm also
learning that my assumptions that the implied will be conveyed and
understood contribute to miscommunications. I'm working on it.