[SATLUG] Re: Introduction of Myself and Linux for Newbies

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Sat Jun 7 14:52:02 CDT 2008

> As far as distributions, I am also going to throw my opinion behind
> Ubuntu.  They have Ubuntu Server, and 'regular?' Ubuntu (desktop), and
> just a few days ago I found a distribution for ubuntu called Ubuntu
> Studio.  This distro is more relased to digital video/audio editing
> and contains the Ubuntu Desktop with packages and applications for
> DV/DA editing.  I haven't had a moment to play around with it, but a
> friend of mine has been able to pull video from his DV Cam and is able
> to edit it, transcode or press to DVD.  It can be downloaded from
> http://www.ubuntustudio.org
The only thing that I do not like with Ubuntustudio is that it dosnt
come with cinelerra, which is perhaps the closest thing to a
professional video editor that is out there for linux. Other then that
there are a couple of other distros that are pretty good multimedia
creation suites, such as Dyne:bolic, Blag, and 64studio.

Todd