[SATLUG] broken cpu pin fell off

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Sun Jun 8 01:28:30 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 21:47 -0700, Chris Lemire wrote:
> Now I have to decide, do I
> want to buy 2 sticks of ddr2 2x 1gb dual channel for
> 20~30 bucks, or do I want to pay 80~90 bucks for 2x
> 2gb sticks of ram and be future proof.

If you think 4 GB of RAM is going to make you future proof, consider the
original alamo.satlug.org was running Red Hat 3.0.3 with 48 megabytes of
RAM.  It was a mailserver, web server, ftp server, and occasionally a
Quake server.  How far do you think you'd get today with Fedora on 48
megabytes of RAM?

Al Castanoli