[SATLUG] intel speedstep

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Sun Jun 8 12:45:07 CDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 07:11 -0500, Borries Demeler wrote:
> > This link might help.   http://rffr.de/acpi
>
> Thanks, this gets pretty close, but for some reason what's reported there
> doesn't match up with my system for some reason. The files I should see
> are not there, depsite having the right modules loaded. I suspect the
> Core duo architecture on my inspiron 9400 are different.
>
> -b.

I installed Scientific Linux 5.1 <http://www.scientificlinux.org> on my
Inspiron 9400 and it's reporting full speed [1] so I don't think it's
throttling with speedstep, at least when it's running on battery.  Let
me know if you need more info on my setup.

[1] At least it looks like full speed:

[afcasta at phlattsl ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 14
model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2600  @ 2.16GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 1000.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc
pni monitor vmx est tm2 xtpr
bogomips        : 4330.78

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 14
model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2600  @ 2.16GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 1000.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc
pni monitor vmx est tm2 xtpr
bogomips        : 4327.56