[SATLUG] Ubuntu 8.04 Update Manager - No version numbers?

David Salisbury david.salisbury at momentumweb.com
Mon Jun 9 10:25:47 CDT 2008

In my install of Ubuntu 8.04 (non-beta), I've noticed that the Update Manager no longer shows the version number it's updating to of a particular package.  For instance, wine has been updated several times recently, but the Update Manager no longer shows what version it's updating from or to, it just says there's a new version of the wine and shows a brief description of the wine package.  Is it like this for anyone else, and does anyone know how to maybe re-add that bit of information to the Update Manager?

Also, thank you to everyone who posted regarding my Sendmail question about messages sending twice.  I've not been able to look at it more deeply over the last week or so but I do appreciate the replies and will be using a lot of the information people posted to further assess what may be happening.  Again, thank you!

David