[SATLUG] Repairing video feed in Firefox

pixelnate at gmail.com pixelnate at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 23:00:54 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 22:55 -0500, herb cee wrote:
> Nate did you use the upgrade offered in the Synaptic mgr?
> If so were there any problems? My rig is an Intel P-4 1.7g with 1.2g of
> mem, of course 32bit

I used the upgrade manager. I had not upgraded before, so I risked it,
but I used the upgrade manager instead of Synaptic. The only thing that
really drives me crazy is that Firefox 3 (which I absolutely LOVE) is
still in beta (OK, RC1 or 2 now) and some of the extensions that I have
grown accustomed to have not been upgraded (View Source Chart and
del.icio.us) yet. It drives me nuts not being able to bookmark sites on
my del.icio.us account, but oh well. Hardy more than makes up for it in
that I can now use Compiz on my lappy.

I hope that helps.

~Nate