[SATLUG] Repairing video feed in Firefox

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Tue Jun 10 04:09:48 CDT 2008

herb cee wrote:
> pixelnate at gmail.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 22:55 -0500, herb cee wrote:
>>
>>> Nate did you use the upgrade offered in the Synaptic mgr?
>>> If so were there any problems? My rig is an Intel P-4 1.7g with 1.2g
>>> of mem, of course 32bit
>>>

>> I used the upgrade manager. I had not upgraded before, so I risked it,
>> but I used the upgrade manager instead of Synaptic.
>

> Ok, one more question then I guess I will risk it. Should I know how
> to do anything or will the mgr just plain do it. I assume i should
> shut eveything down
>> The only thing that
>> really drives me crazy is that Firefox 3 (which I absolutely LOVE) is
>> still in beta (OK, RC1 or 2 now) and some of the extensions that I have
>> grown accustomed to have not been upgraded (View Source Chart and
>> del.icio.us) yet. It drives me nuts not being able to bookmark sites on
>> my del.icio.us account, but oh well. Hardy more than makes up for it in
>> that I can now use Compiz on my lappy.
>>
>> I hope that helps.
>>

>> ~Nate

Ok thanks I upgraded to 8.04 I think successfully although it said it
had some problems and failed to totally update and that my computer may
be unable to start ... I reran update manager and it updated several
packages and seems to be working ok. I do have Firefox 3.0 and it played
that video. LOL, that server was probably my DSL since the upgrade
download took 3 hours sometimes getting down below 100kbs
herb